Three children died of gastroenteritis in Dadu on Sunday while more than 30 others were hospitalised. Scorching heat caused the outbreak of gastroenteritis. More than thirty children, who were suffering from the infection, were admitted to Civil Hospital today.
Parents should not permit their children to eat food from vendors, said Dr Abdul Razzaq. He added that the rise in mercury was the major cause for increasing number of children affected by gastroenteritis. He also said there was a shortage of beds and medicines in the hospital. The parents of the children also said that there was a severe shortage of medicines in the hospital. –dawn