- Lohan was raised a Catholic, has since spoken about other ‘spiritual beliefs’
- She was pictured holding the Koran after first day of community service
- The 28-year-old reportedly arrived two hours late to the children’s center
[contentblock id=1 img=adsense.png]
- Last year she told Oprah meditation put her in touch with ‘greater powers’
- Supported Kabbalah as a teen star by wearing the red string bracelet
- Reportedly joined Courtney Love’s Buddhist chanting group in 2012
Lindsay Lohan was photographed carrying a copy of the Koran after her first day of community service in Brooklyn, New York, on Wednesday. The actress – who is of Irish and Italian heritage and was raised as a Catholic – held a hard copy of the Muslim holy book in her arm as she finished a day of office work at a children’s center.
Read More: Lindsay Lohan lands in London
She reportedly arrived two hours late. It comes as the 28-year-old embarks on an ’emotional detox’, giving up alcohol and dating.
The Koran prescribes a lifestyle free of alcohol for Muslims – though readers of the book do not necessarily subscribe to the religion. It is not the first time Lindsay has shown an interest in other religions. During the height of her fame as a teen star, she wore a Kabbalah red string bracelet, which wards off misfortune brought about by the ‘evil eye’.
[contentblock id=2 img=gcb.png]
She was also rumored to be attending Kabbalah classes, and in 2012 she reportedly joined Courtney Love’s Buddhist chanting group.
Last year Lindsay described herself as a ‘very spiritual person’ in a docu-series with Oprah Winfrey. ‘I’m a very spiritual person and I’ve become more spiritual as time has gone on,’ she told the talk show host.
[contentblock id=3 img=adsense.png]
‘I’m really in touch, whether it’s prayer or meditation… there are so many powers greater than me in the world. I’ve been blessed and lucky enough to have been given a gift to share with other people.’