PESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government has submitted the “categorised lists” of missing persons as per the court’s direction, according to Home Secretary Azam Khan.
“The list has been submitted as per the court’s directive,” he said after the hearing at the Peshawar High Court where applications about missing persons are being heard.The home secretary informed a division bench, comprising of Chief Justice Dost Muhammad Khan and Justice Waqar Ahmad Seth, that heads of security agencies, police and other law enforcing agencies held a meeting on December 14 in the office of KP chief secretary in which the lists were prepared.
According to the fresh report of missing persons in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and tribal agencies, security agencies so far released 45 missing persons after declaring them as “white” as no proofs and evidence of their involvement in terrorist activities were found.About 261 detainees were named hardcore militants and declared as “black” in the lists and were shifted to internment centers, including 56 detainees to Lakki Marwat Internment Centre, 54 to Fizagat Internment Centre and 80 to Patham Internment Center in Swat district.
Secretary Home Azam Khan told the court that about 71 detainees were shifted to various internment centres in tribal areas, including Ghalanai in Mohmand Agency, Fort Salop in Khyber Agency and Parachinar in Orakzai Agency.It was stated in the lists that 88 militants would be de-radicalised and they would be transferred to rehabilitation centres, run under the Pakistan Army in Swat district.Five militants were placed in “grey” category and they were handed over to political authorities Khyber Agency for further investigation, Secretary Home Azam Khan went on to say.
He submitted in the court that the security agencies would also shift more than 200 hardcore militants to Kohat Internment Centre by January 15, as the internment centre in Kohat district prison was under-construction and would be ready for shifting the militants in separate blocks on the above mentioned date.The bench fixed January 22 next year for next hearing of the missing persons cases.
The bench took up 153 cases of missing persons.The bench directed the registrar of the high court to compare the lists with the petitions of missing persons. The bench observed that the missing persons’ cases would be disposed off if they were found in the released persons list and those shifted to internment centres. – Dailytimes