Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao arrived here Friday on a three-day official visit on the invitation of Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani.
Highlights of the welcome ceremony:
• Greens and reds representing the flags of Pakistan and China, dominated the Chaklala Air base to welcome the Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao who arrived here at 1255 hours, on the dot.
• A thunderous 21-gun salute greeted Premier Jiabao as he stepped out of his special Air China Boeing 747.
• Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani received Premier Wen Jiabao and warmly shook hands with him
• Two Pakistani children – boy clad in black sherwani and blue turban and girl in red traditional lehnga presented bouquets to the Premier.
• The Chinese Premier and Prime Minister Gilani proceeded to the dais, where national anthems of the two countries were played.
• A formation of three JF-17 Thunder – a joint venture of Pak-China friendship, flew past the dais.
• The dias was adorned by huge bouquets and smart jawans of the Pakistan army escorted the Chinese Premier to review the guard of honour.
• The Chinese Premier reviewed the guard of honour, presented to him by a contingent of the three services of the Pakistan armed forces.
• Prime Minister Gilani introduced Premier Wen Jiabao to the members of his cabinet and the three services chiefs, who stood along the red carpet to welcome the Chinese premier.
• Chinese Premier whose delegation also included 260 businessmen, later left for his hotel.
• Wen Jiabao will later leave for the Prime Minister House for talks with Prime Minister Gilani and for signing of MoUs.
• The Military Police escorted Chinese Premier Wen Jiabo from the airport to his hotel.
• The entire route was secured by the jawans of Pakistan Army and military helicopters provided the security cover to the motorcade of the dignitary. – App