Paramilitary Force Sees Conspiracy Behind ‘Unknown Rangers’ ad

As the Pakistan Rangers, Sindh, on Wednesday termed the recent advertisement about ‘missing’ persons published in some newspapers ‘a conspiracy against peace and a move to damage their public image’,

Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah said that due notice of the issue had been taken and if some individual was found involved in it, he would be taken to task.

Maj Gen bilal akbar and Syed Qaim Ali Shah
Paramilitary Force Sees Conspiracy Behind ‘Unknown Rangers’ ad

The controversial advertisement published on Tuesday also shook the home department and police authorities who suspended the relevant superintendent of police in his absence a day after a similar order had been issued for his subordinate officer of DSP rank, while the counterterrorism department additional inspector-general of police was directed to submit an inquiry report of the matter within seven days. The ad published by police had sought public assistance in tracing at least six ‘missing’ persons allegedly taken away by ‘unknown Rangers’ from Orangi Town. 

According to the spokesperson for the paramilitary force, “Under a strategy, Rangers’ ‘superb performance’ was being degraded before the eyes of the masses [through the ad] whose purpose was to undermine the Karachi operation.” “Contents of the ad were absolutely based on lie,” the officer said, adding that the Rangers started a probe into it and vowed to go to the depth of the matter. The paramilitary force also warned that they reserved a right to take a legal course against such baseless propaganda, as the ad related to “the recovery of some missing persons issued by a local police officer was a conspiracy against peace in Karachi,” the officer said.