Balochistan government seeking more time for extradition of Musharraf

QUETTA: The federal government is seeking more time to extraditie former president Pervez Musharraf and other accused persons nominated in the Nawab Akbar Bugti murder case.Additional Advocate General Nasrullah Achakzai gave this information to a Division Bench of the Balochistan High Court headed by Chief Justice Qazi Faez Isa.

He said that the federal government had been requested to approach Interpol for the extradition of Pervez Musharraf and other accused persons who are also abroad. The court once again expressed complete dissatisfaction over the pace of the investigation by the high level team constituted by the provincial government into the murder case of Nawab Bugti.

The court asked the investigation team to inform the court if any official created a hurdle in the progress of the investigation.The head of the investigation team said that the Balochistan government had prevented the team from recording the statements of former chief Minister Jam Mohammad Yusuf and former home minister Shoaib Nausherwani. He also said that the team obtained an arrest warrant for former Dera Bugti DCO Samad Lasi and also recorded the statement of Maulvi Maluk, who led the funeral prayer of Nawab Akbar Bugti.

However, the additional advocate general said that the chief secretary had no directive forbidding the recording of statements by Nausherwani and Jam Yusuf.The bench claimed that the team was attempting to make headway in recording the statements of those who were not accused in the case instead of recording the statements of those who were. The court directed the investigation team to investigate the case in a proper way.The next hearing of the case will be held on August 17. – Dailytimes