ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani on Friday constituted three new ministries with divisions namely the ministries of National Harmony, Human Resource Development and Professional and Technical Training. The Prime Minister constituted the new ministries and divisions in terms of Rule 3(2) of the Rules of Business 1973 with immediate effect, according to a notification of the Cabinet Division issued here.
The distribution of functions among the new Divisions will be as under:-
National Harmony Division:
1. Policy and legislation with regard to interfaith harmony.
2. International agreements and commitments in respect of all religious communities and implementation thereof.
3. Representation of Pakistan at UN Sub-Commission on Prevention of Discrimination to Minorities.
4. Minorities’ Welfare Fund.
5. National Commission for Minorities.
6. Evacuee Trust Property Board.
Human Resource Development Division:
1. Administration of: (a) the Emigration Ordinance, 1979, (XVIII of 1979 and (b) the Control of Employment Ordinance, 1965 (XXXII) of 1965.
2. Administrative Control of:- (a) Overseas Employment Corporation and (b) Bureau of Emigration and Overseas
3. Administration of:-
(i) the Workers Welfare Fund Ordinance, 1971 (XXXVI) of 1971,
(ii) the Companies Profits (Workers Participation Act,
1968(XII) of 1968; and,
(iii) the Employees’ Old Age Benefits Act, 1976 (XIV of 1976)
including supervision and control of the Employees’ Old Age Benefits
4. Foreign Employment and Emigration.
Professional and Technical Training Division:
1. National Vocational and Technical Education Commission (NAVTEC).
2. Academy of Educational Planning and Management (AEPAM), Islamabad.
3. Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE), Islamabad.
4. National Education Assessment Centre, Islamabad.
5. National Training Bureau, Islamabad.
6. Pakistan Manpower Institute.
7. National Internship Programme (NIP).
8. Akhtar Hameed Khan National Centre for Rural Development Islamabad.
9. National Talent Pool, Islamabad.
10. Youth Centre and Hostels.
11. All matters relating to National Commission for Human Development (NCHD) and National Education Foundation (NEF).
According to the notification, amendments in the Rules of Business , 1973, wherever necessary will be issued in due course. – App