Muslim Ban Statement Disappears From Trump Website, But Tweet Remains There

A ‘controversial’ statement from US President-elect Donald Trump clamouring ban on the immigration of Muslims to the United States has disappeared from his website, but his tweet on the issue remains on his Twitter feed.

Muslim
Muslim ban statement disappears from Trump website, but tweet remains there

“Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on,” Trump said on his website on Dec. 7, 2015. ” According to Pew Research, among others, there is great hatred towards Americans by large segments of the Muslim population.” The call sparked a furious backlash from opponents and claims of racism and xenophobia. Shortly after issuing the Muslim ban statement, Trump also tweeted to endorse his called and said it’s a policy statement. 

He said: “Just put out a very important policy statement on the extraordinary influx of hatred & danger coming into our country. We must be vigilant!” The tweet, however, remains on his Twitter feed if one looks for it. Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension. Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine,” Trump said in the statement. “Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life.” 

Read More: China’s Silky Smooth Global Expansion

On the campaign trail, the President-elect at one point appeared to alter the call, saying that the ban should be on immigration from countries with connections to terrorism and not Muslims specifically. Now if someone clicks on the page, it now redirects to the campaign homepage, appeared on his website until at least Nov. 5, just days before Election Day. While he continued to advocate for stopping the Syrian refugee problem until the end of the campaign, the rhetoric about the Muslim ban had disappeared by the end. Trump, who has previously called for surveillance against mosques and said he was open to establishing a database for all Muslims living in the U.S., made his latest controversial call in a news release. -arynews