Prime Minister Al-Baghdadi Al-Mahmoudi’s comments suggest the government could be ready to make concessions after more than three months of fighting, NATO strikes and increasing international pressure. The prime minister said at a news conference in Tripoli on Thursday that he was willing to hold talks with “all Libyans,” including members of the rebel administration.
Officials from Muammar Qaddafi’s regime previously said they would not speak to the rebel government, saying it did not represent Libyans. The rebels have insisted that Qaddafi relinquish power before any cease-fire can be considered. – Arabnews