Tom Jones was in hospital in Monaco on Sunday, officials said, but his website denied suggestions that he was suffering from heart trouble.Officials in the tiny principality said the 71-year-old singer was undergoing treatment at the Princess Grace hospital but had left the emergency room as his “condition does not cause concern”.
The singer’s official website said he had been taken to hospital suffering from “severe dehydration,” dismissing newspaper reports that he was suffering from heart problems.”Sir Tom was ordered not to perform in Monte Carlo yesterday evening, due to severe dehydration.”This was extremely disappointing for Tom, the band and all connected with the tour. This was the last date of a very successful three month tour, where many of the shows were in locations that were in the throes of high summer heat.
“There are no heart problems, as has been reported in the press”.David King of Spirit International Artists, which represents Jones, said in a Tweet on Saturday that the concert had been cancelled due to a “heart scare”.The hospital would not provide details of the singer’s condition.A spokesman for the venue, the Sporting Club, quoted on the Daily Mail newspaper’s website said: “I received a call at 8:10 pm informing me that the event had been cancelled because Tom Jones had been taken to hospital.”The Welsh singer, whose hits include “It’s Not Unusual”, “Delilah” and “Sex Bomb”, had previously given a concert in the principality on Friday. – news.yahoo